Never Miss an Update
Delilah S. Dawson is the New York Times bestselling writer of Star Wars: PHASMA, plus The Secrets of Long Snoot, The Perfect Weapon, and Scorched; the Blud series, Servants of the Storm, the HIT series, Wake of Vultures and the Shadow series (as Lila Bowen), and a variety of short stories in anthologies such as Robots vs. Fairies, Hellboy: an Assortment of Horrors, Violent Ends, Carniepunk, Three Slices, and Last Night a Superhero Saved My Life. With Kevin Hearne, she is the co-writer of Kill the Farm Boy, the first in the Tales of Pell series.
Her comics credits include the creator-owned Ladycastle #1-4, The X-Files Case Files: Florida Man #1-2, Adventure Time comics #66-69, and Jim Henson's Labyrinth 2017 Special from BOOM! Studios, as well as stories in Star Wars Adventures #5 and #6 and Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Rose and Paige for IDW. Her next comics project is Sparrowhawk, out October 2018.
Delilah is the winner of the 2015 Fantasy Book of the Year from RT Book Reviews for WAKE OF VULTURES and the 2013 Steampunk Book of the Year and May Seal of Excellence for WICKED AS SHE WANTS. She has earned stars from Kirkus, Publishers Weekly, and Library Journal for WAKE OF VULTURES, as well as a star from Library Journal for the Blud e-novella The Damsel and the Daggerman.
She lives in Florida with her family.
For inquiries and requests regarding Kill the Farm Boy and the Tales of Pell or Star Wars and Phasma, please contact David Moench at email@example.com.
For blurbs, writing gigs, speaking/workshop fees, & rights, pls contact my agent, Stacia Decker: firstname.lastname@example.org.
whimsydark (at) gmail (dot) com
Note: THERE ARE NO PAID OR SPONSORED POSTS ON THIS BLOG. I WILL NOT PAY YOU TO WRITE FOR THIS BLOG. DO NOT ASK.
Ahem. I am unable to respond to every email personally. Apologies in advance. Please say hi on Twitter for a response!
Note: If you are a teacher or student hoping for an interview, please scroll down and check the interview links to see if I've already answered your questions. If you want to be a writer, the first rule is that you've got to put in the work and do your research.
If you're trying to pitch Cool Mom Picks, email email@example.com. I am unable to field pitches and will delete them.
PO Box 2223
Lutz, FL 33548
the best way to talk to me:
@ me on Twitter (link below)
Social Media Handles
- How I Got My Agent, Writer's Digest, 3/25/12
- Manga Maniac Cafe, 3/26/12
- Paranormal Haven, 3/26/2012
- She Wolf Reads, 3/26/2012
- The Qwillery, 3/27/2012
- My Bookish Ways, 3/28/2012
- Terrible Minds with Chuck Wendig, 4/5/2012
- Reading Between the Wines Book Club, 8/11/12
- The Book Tart, 10/2/12
- Bitten By Books, 10/24/12
- Under the Covers Book Blog, 4/30/13
- The Qwillery, 5/5/13
- RT Book Reviews May Seal of Excellence Review, 5/14/13
- Functional Nerds Podcast, part 1 and part 2
- Debutante Ball Interview, 6/22/13
- Fang-Freakin-Tastic Book Review Interview, 7/12/13
- RT Book Reviews - Delphine Dryden & I interview each other, 1/28/14
- SFFWRTCHAT, 2/12/14
- SFF Signal Interview with Patrick Hester, 4/21/14
- Reddit Fantasy AMA (Ask Me Anything), 5/1/14
- YA Book Club, regarding Servants of the Storm, 7/14/14
- 10 Things You Don't Know About Me, Teen Readers' Diary, 8/1/14
- Paranormal Unbound interview, 8/1/14
- Dear Teen Me, 8/8/14
- YA Misfits Band Geek Thursday - Servants of the Storm playlist, 8/8/14
- YA Writers Reddit AMA, 8/5/14
- 11 Fun Questions at Bustle, 8/8/14
- Podcast with Sword and Laser at BoingBoing 10/22/14
- Interview on writing Horror - Galleycat 10/28/14
- Why We Shouldn't Sugarcoat YA - BookRiot 4/14/15
Blog Comment Policy
You may say and think whatever you wish of me, but please remember that this blog is my home. If you say rude, threatening, or insulting things in the Comments, things that you wouldn't say to me in public or in front of your mother, they will be deleted, unread.
You're allowed to disagree. You're allowed to argue. But you can't be a dick in my house.