A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away-- by which I mean 2010 and about 60 miles from here-- my agent asked me what I was working on next. "A book about steampunk vampires and the hero is this guy I saw in a dream named Criminy Stain who talks like Spike on Buffy and looks like Jonathan Rhys Meyers with a ponytail," I said. Thank goodness she waited to read the book before shooting down that pitch. That book became WICKED AS THEY COME, my first traditionally published book. Today, the series ends with WICKED EVER AFTER.
WICKED EVER AFTER is a love song to you, the reader.
It's not a great intro to the series, and it's not a book that's going to get a good review from someone who picks it up without having read anything else in the world. No, it's my attempt to end our time together in Sang with one last adventure, a few more *ahem* physical interludes, and an epilogue that answers all the questions you've been asking. What happened to Lydia? What was in the Lizard Boy's egg? Did Casper really become the King of Freesia? It's all in there, tied up with a bow. Of course, there is one character who ends up being not at all what you thought. You might hate me for that. But a book needs conflict, doesn't it?
In case you missed one of the many books, e-novellas, and short stories in the Blud series, here's a reading list:
1. WICKED AS THEY COME (paperback and e-book) - Now only $1.99 for e-book!
2. The Mysterious Madam Morpho (e-book) - $0.99
3. The Peculiar Pets of Miss Pleasance (e-book) - $1.99
4. WICKED AS SHE WANTS (paperback (out of print but available used) and e-book)
5. The Damsel and the Daggerman (e-book) - $1.99
6. WICKED AFTER MIDNIGHT (paperbook and e-book)
7. WICKED EVER AFTER ( e-book) - $3.99
They should all be available at Amazon, B&N, or any online retailer. Your local indie bookstore should be able to order any of the paperbacks except for Wicked as She Wants, sadly.
These short stories can be read at any time in the series:
1. The Three Lives of Lydia (paperback, e-book, and audio, in the Carniepunk anthology)
2. Love Song of the Lizard Boy (read for free in Fireside Fiction magazine)
3. Not my Circus, Not my Monkeys (e-book and audiobook, in the Three Slices anthology with Kevin Hearne and Chuck Wendig. Note: The narrator was chosen to sound just like Criminy, and LORDY LOO DOES HE DELIVER.)
4. Uncharming (coming soon in the Unbound anthology from Grim Oak Press)
You guys, it's the end of an era.
I'd just like to thank you all so much for joining me on this journey. The enthusiasm for Criminy Stain and the entire Blud series has been heartwarming and an inspiration to me. Although I'm sad to end my first series, I loved every minute in Sang, and I hope you did, too.
Bludbunnies, WICKED EVER AFTER is dedicated to you. I hope you'll stick with me for the next adventure!